This program is designed to provide committed young athletes and their families with the best preparation possible for success in our elite, Competitive Program. It serves as a transition year where athletes and families become acclimated to the Santa Clara Aquamaids’ training schedule, policies, procedures and mission.
This program focuses on basic synchro skills such as sculling, tucks, pikes and verticals. Participants will learn the importance of terms like “grab,” “streamline,” “extension,” “alignment,” “posture,” and “musicality.” When the young athletes have control over basic skills, they will be putting these skills together into short routine and practice on team coordination. Flexibility, extension and body awareness is practiced in a weekly ballet lesson lead by experienced ballet teacher.
- Swimmers age 5-8, exceptions may be made for skilled older swimmers.
- There are 4 practices per week. One of these days is a specially designed ballet class and will be held at a ballet studio.
- This is a no-fee program excluding outfitting. Participant families are members of the Santa Clara Aquamaids and are asked to participate in our fundraising activities and volunteer at club events and meets.
- The Pre Comp Program trains primarily at our San Jose pool at John Muir Middle School.
- The Pre Comp Program will participate in two meets at the end of trainings season in June and July (currently one local meet and State Games in San Diego). These meets allows the participants to experience a complete synchro meet and the excitement of being part of a team. Travel to State Games is supported by the Aquamaids.