The Santa Clara Aquamaids offer two types of lesson opportunities for our community: Aquatic Proficiency Lessons and Artistic Swimming Lessons.
Our Aquatic Proficiency Lessons
are designed based on the needs of the individual. If you are interested in improving any or all of the four basic swimming strokes and/or interested in learning the various components of propulsion such as eggbeater and sculling, these lessons are for you! Private or semi private lessons allow for an individually crafted curriculum that is paced appropriately for the participate. Aquatic proficiency lessons serve as a great stepping stone for anyone interested in pursuing artistic swimming or any other aquatic sports. These lessons are offered Monday-Friday
from 830-3 at Gunderson High School. The aquatic proficiency lessons are made by appointment and are available in a private or semi-private capacity.
For more information on our aquatic proficiency lessons, please email Coach Jenny at Jennye@aquamaids.org
Our Artistic Swimming Lessons present a well balanced combination of the key components of artistic swimming: flexibility, core strength, basic swimming and artistic swimming beginner skills. Our artistic swimming lessons are specifically designed for boys and girls ages 6-10 who are interested in trying, learning and/or pursuing artistic swimming. Small class sizes create an opportunity for personalized feedback and a sense of connection with the instructor and classmates. These lessons are offered in continual eight week sessions throughout the year and meet on Saturdays from 3-345, 4-445, and 5-545.
The next session will begin on March 6th
and will be at Warburton pool in Santa Clara. Limited space available.
Click the link below to register for our Artistic Swimming Lessons:
Please note our REFUND POLICY
- If the participant(s) is determined by SCA expert staff NOT TO BE WATER SAFE at any time during the program; NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN
- If the participant does not complete the program and quits; NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN
Refunds will be given if:
- Aquamaids has no pool access and/or alternative makeup dates cannot be scheduled
- The athlete withdrew 7 days prior to the start of a session or camp. Notifications are given to SCA via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) 7 days prior to the first day of the session or camp.
- Medical Emergency (must have doctor’s note)
SCA staff reserves the right to cancel a program due to low enrollment